> Faculty of Arts
> Political Science & Public Administration
Political Science & Public Administration
The Department of political science came into existence in 1981. The objectives of the department are to focus on teaching, research, and extension activities in Political Science and Public Administration. A Centre for Integration Studies and Centre for Gandhian Studies have been established in the department.
The Department has been conducting various Seminars, Conferences, Training Programmes, Workshops, Panel Discussions, and competitions for the benefit of the students and researchers.
Highlights of the Programmes
Highlights of the Department
- A student friendly ambience where interaction of faculty and students is encouraged
- Well qualified and dedicated teaching faculty committed to producing tomorrow’s teachers and bureaucrats
- A Master’s Programme which can prepare the students successfully for NBT/SET, All India Civil Services Examinations (UPSC) and other State Public Service Commission’s like (TNPSC)
Thrust Areas of Research
- International Relations
- National Integration
- Panchayat Raj Studies
- Human Rights
- Police Administration
- Legal Studies
Resource Generated & Research Output
- Project Grants: Rs.56.5 Lakhs
- Papers published: 156
- Ph.Ds awarded: 60
- M.Phil.: 70
- Civil services
- Teaching and research
- Job opportunities in State and Central Govt.
- Media and policy making
- Political analysts
- State and Central Legislators
- Survey analysts
- Journalism and Mass Media
- Research institution
- Teaching in Foreign Universities
- Endowment Lectures by Experts
- Weekly meetings for students
- Special coaching sessions for slow learners
- Focus on English and vocabulary improvement
- Academic and personal counselling
- Guidance for competitive examinations
- Personality development classes
- The library consists of nearly 6000 books on various topics
- National, International journals and dailies are available
- Students can borrow books form the library on all working days
- The Department of Political Science has organised three conferences, fifteen seminars, two colloquiums, Two Round Table Conferences and three Panel discussions on current political topics were conducted by the department.
- Four ICSSR-sponsored projects and four UGC-sponsored major projects have been completed.
- One RGNIYD-sponsored major research project is in progress.
- Faculty members had won 13 awards.
- Many National & International Publications by faculty.
- Establishment of Centre for Integration Studies in 1995 and a Bi-annual publication, the Journal of Integration Studies (JIS).
- Creation of Gandhian Studies Centre in 1999, funded by UGC. The activities include seminars on Gandhian themes, training programmes for Village Panchayat presidents, youth leadership camps and stock of books on Gandhi and Gandhism. entrepreneurial training to youth, essay, and quiz competitions for school and college students.
The Department has conducted a UGC National Seminar on Human Rights and Duties of Education.
- M.A. Political Science (Two year PG Programme)
- M.A. Political Science (Five Year PG Programme)
- M.A. Public Administration (Two year PG Programme)
- M.Phil. Political Science
- M.Phil. Public Administration
- Ph.D. Political Science
- Ph.D. Public Administration
The Professor and Head
Department of Political Science & Public Administration
Mobile : 9443338607
Tel : 04144-238282 - Ext.322
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org