The Fees payable for each programme are printed on pages 63 - 68 of this Prospectus.
Tuition Fees may be paid by any one of the following means:
- Designated Banks at Study Centres / Information Centres
- Demand Draft
- Internet (Online) Banking
- Credit / Debit Card
- Indian Bank Multi-utility Challan
1) Designated Banks at Study Centres / Information Centres: Directorate of Distance Education have Bank accounts at all the Study Centres / Information Centres. The students can pay all fees by cash through these banks. The Information on these banks will be provided to the students by the Liaison / Special officers posted in the Study Centres and Information Centres.
2) Demand Draft: Fee payments made through Demand Drafts should be drawn in favour of The Director, DDE, Annamalai Universitypayable at any one of the following banks:
- Indian Bank, Annamalainagar (Code A024)
- ICICI Bank, Annamalainagar (Code 6212)
- Axis Bank ltd., Chidambaram (Code 1107)
- State Bank of India, payable at Chennai Service Branch
- Central Bank of India, Chidambaram (Code 00889)
- Punjab National Bank, Chidambaram (Code 103)
- District Central Co-operative Bank, Chidambaram (Code 11233)
- City Union Bank, Chidambaram (Code 041)
- Karur Vysya Bank, Chidambaram (Code 1116)
- Indian Overseas Bank, Chidambaram (Code 1354)
- HDFC Bank, Chidambaram (Code 1051)
- Vijaya Bank, Chidambaram (Code 306)
- Canara Bank, Chidambaram (Code 2924)
All other Banks payable at the particular Bank’s Chennai Service Branch.
Demand Drafts should be checked whether they are complete and proper in respect of Name and Code No. of Issuing branch and the Bank’s branch at which payable, Date of issue and Signature of the Bank’s Officer.
Before sending the Demand Draft to the Directorate, students should write the Application No. or Enrolment No. (after it has been allotted), their Name and chosen Programme on the back side of the Demand Draft. They should not sign anywhere on the draft.
The Demand Drafts are valid only for a period of three months. Therefore, students should send the Demand Draft immediately (.i.e within ten days from the date of their issue by the bank).
3) Internet (Online) Banking Payments: Students or their parents having Internet Banking facilities can make payment of fees online by accessing the University website www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in and clicking the Link “Online Fee Payment”. They will be redirected to the Annamalai University Fee payment site at which necessary directions are given. Account holders of the designated Banks providing the service will not be charged any service fee for payment transfers from their internet banking accounts. Payments may also be made through the Internet using Visa / Master Credit / Debit cards. As service charges claimed by Banks do vary, users should check them also.
4) Credit / Debit Card Payments: Point of sale (Card swiping devices) Terminals have been installed at the Headquarters and all Study Centres and a few Information Centres, in association with City Union Bank to enable students to make fee payments using their Visa or Master Credit / Debit (ATM) cards. This service is provided free of commission and service tax.
5) Indian Bank Multiutility Payment Module : The Indian Bank has introduced Multiutility Payment system in all its branches, through the generation of a specific payment challan from the University website annamalaiuniversity.ac.in Payments may be made by cash at the bank after filling in the challan. This mode of payment will carry an additional fixed charge of Rs.40/- per challan payment.
6) Cash: Fees may also be paid by cash at the DDE Cash Counter (2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.) and through bank challans at the Indian Bank, Karur Vysya Bank near DDE.
The Administration will not be responsible for cash handed over to Agents or unauthorized persons. Counterfoils of Bank challans and Cash receipts should be preserved till the Programme is completed.
Fees relating to the I & II Instalments of First year, I & II Instalments of Second, Third and Fourth year of study may also be paid through the above means. All Fees relating to Examinations, Certificates etc. should be paid in favour of the Controller of Examinations, Annamalai University.
Cheques / Postal Orders / Money orders etc. are not acceptable modes of payments. Fees once paid will not be refunded or adjusted under any circumstances.