The department was established in 1972 to impart Hindi language skills for better employment opportunities. Hindi was offered as a second language in the beginning and in due course a PG Diploma in translation was started and later on evolved into M.A. Hindi program from 2000 onwards. So far the department has produced 14 M.Phil. and 13 Ph.D. scholars who are placed in different positions all over India with 100% placement. The students of the department translated renowned Tamil and English works into Hindi. Two software programmes produced by the faculty stands as testimony for relevant research output in the field of language technology. Translation studies, Comparative studies and Language technology are the thrust areas of research.
Eligibility for M.A. Programme
- Any UG degree with Part-I or Part-III Hindi.
- Any UG degree with Praveen degree offered by DBHP Sabha, Chennai or its equivalent institutions.
Research Thrust Areas
- A good library with net connectivity and more than 2000 books. Post metric non- Hindi speaking scholarships are available for the eligible candidates
Research Output (last 6 years)
- Comparative Studies
- Translation Technology
- Modern Hindi Literature
- Language Technology
- 4 Ph.D.
- 3 M.Phil
- 2 Software
- Teachers in Colleges & Universities
- School Teachers
- Translators in Central Govt. Institutions
- Hindi Officers in Central Govt. Institutions
- Journalist in Media
- Freelance Writers
Department of Hindi
Tel :04144-238266 – Ext.327
Mobile : 9444712910
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org