“Strive to be widely acknowledged as a department imparting Chemical Engineering with a strong three pronged commitment to education, research and extension to effectively address the societal needs fostered by a culture encompassing innovation, ethics and excellence and by embracing the good practices in education”
• Impart quality Chemical Engineering education through a carefully devised program garnered by a curriculum meeting the global benchmarks with an extensive exposure to fundamentals and industrial applications
• Transform the students and render them to take up successful careers in Chemical Engineering and prepare them to be leaders and responsible citizens in order to contribute to the society by exhibiting highest degree of professional standards, integrity and ethics.
• Expose the students to real time industrial problems and imbibe entrepreneurship by engaging them with interactions involving experts from the industry and the alumni.
• Infuse the students with social responsibility to meet the future challenges to provide pertinent solutions for sustainable development through professional competency.
The Department of Chemical Engineering, a DST –FIST sponsored department,
was started in the year 1945. It was the second college to offer an undergraduate
programme in Chemical Engineering in Tamilnadu. Total outlay of the funding
attracted by the department from various funding agencies is 341.51 Lakhs.
All the laboratories are well equipped with most modern equipment.
The department offers consultancies to various leading industries.
The first PhD of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology is from this
department and has thus far produced 104 Ph.Ds . The department offers
12 programmes through Distance Education. It has an excellent industrial tie up. The department boasts an unparalleled support from its Alumni.
- University Grants Commission
- Dept. of Biotechnology
- Dept. of Science & Technology
- Ministry of Environment & Forest
- Ministry of Food Process Industries
- Ministry of Earth Science