Dr. Ambedkar: Human Rights and Indian Diaspora
The Dr.Ambedkar Foundation, (Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment), Government of India, instituted Dr.Ambedkar Chair at Annamalai University under the thrust area of "Dr. Ambedkar on Human Rights and Social Change", to disseminate his thoughts through teaching, research, and extension.
The main objectives of this Chair are
- To establish a well-equipped center of learning for intellectuals, academicians, researchers, and students to study and spread the ideology and philosophy of Dr. B.R.Ambedkar.
- To create awareness among the stakeholders on the human rights and laws.
- Make awareness to the students community to understand and protect their rights in the society.
- To develop appropriate methodologies to translate Dr. Ambedkar’s ideology and philosophy into practical propositions and policy instruments.
Dr. Ambedkar Chair's Action Plan
- To motivate and encourage researchers of M.Phil./Ph.D. degree programmes to take up research on Dr.Ambedkar’s contribution to Human Rights and Social Change.
- Organizing seminars and conducting Essay competition in Annamalai University on the birth anniversary of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar.
- Conducting workshop/lecture in commemoration of the Dr.B.R.Ambedkar's Mahaparinirvan Diwas.
- Publishing research papers on Dr.Ambedkar's contribution to social change and human rights in reputed national/international journals and articles.
- Inviting eminent Professors and DAF authorities to our various programmes.
- Providing financial assistant to M.Phil/Ph.D scholars those who belongs to BC/MBC/SS/ST communities to pursue their research under Dr.Ambedkar studies.