With the objective and a dynamic
vision to support contemporary Engineering, the Faculty of
Engineering and Technology (FEAT) was established in the year
1945, as the Second Engineering College of the then composite
Madras State. The FEAT proudly celebrated its
Golden Jubilee in the year 1996 and Diamond Jubilee in the year
2005. The FEAT has nine departments of study namely Civil, Civil & Structural, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, Electronics &
Instrumentation, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science &
Engineering, and Pharmacy.
Activities in FEAT
Academic programmes leading to the award of Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral degrees along with
Diploma and Certificate Programmes in selected fields.
- Research programmes for Students, Faculty, and Professionals.
- Special programmes, conferences, seminars, short term programmes, and consultancy services.
- Collaborative research programmes in coordination with government /non-governmental organizations.
- Extension services
The Faculty of Engineering has entered
into MoU with:
- Tennesee Technological University, (TTU), USA to enable academic exchange of the staff and students between Annamalai University and TTU under the Indo-US, Knowledge Initiative Award from University Grants Commission, New Delhi
- Ball State University of USA.
- Fukui University of Japan to enable the academic exchange of the Staff and Students between Annamalai University and the Fukui University.
- University of Technology, Sydney, Australia, for promotion of technical collaborations.
- Kumamoto University, Japan for Collaboration in the area
of “Materials Processing using Explosives” to promote academic exchanges.
- National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science & Technology, (NIIST) Kerala for Collaborative research in ‘Light Alloys’
- The Department of Civil and Structural Engineering, FEAT has entered into a MoU with CSIR, Structural Engineering Research Centre (SERC) for Collaborative Research in the field of Structural Engineering
- The Department of Manufacturing Engineering has signed MoU with Kumamoto University, Japan and National Institute of Interdisciplinary Science & Tech. (CSIR) – (NIIST) for Collaborative Research in Materials Processing
Placement and Training Cell
Salient features of the Activities in Placement & Training Cell, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Annamalai University.
- Training programmes on soft skills
- Arranging In-Plant training for students
- Student’s placements through campus interview
- Placements abroad
65% of the eligible students are recruited on an average since 2004. Companies that offered placements for the students of Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Annamalai University through the Placement & Training Cell are:
- M/s. HCL Technologies, Chennai
- M/s. L & T – ECC, Chennai
- M/s. Accenture, Bangalore
- M/s. Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Chennai
- M/s. Hexaware Technologies, Chennai
- M/s. CCCL, Chennai
- M/s. Petrofac Ltd, Chennai
- M/s. NOCL, Cuddalore
- M/s. Vedhanta – Sterlite, Tuticorin
- M/s. iGate, Bangalore
- M/s. CVR Labs Pvt. Ltd., Chennai
- M/s. UCAL Fuel Systems, Pondicherry
- M/s. Delphi TVS, Chennai
- M/s. Appollo Hospitals, Chennai
- M/s. Dalmia Cements, Trichirapalli
- M/s. Tamilnadu Petroproducts Ltd., Chennai
- M/s. Ritemed Pharma Retail Ltd., Chennai
- M/s. DEUTCHE BABCOCK AL JABER WLL (Qatar)
- M/s. ETA Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s. Foxconn (China)
- M/s. Sinmax PTE Ltd.
- M/s. Rotary Engineering, Singapore
- M/s. Promosys
Branches of Study
||Civil and Structural Engineering
||Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing)
||Electrical and Electronics Engineering
||Electronics and Communication Engineering
||Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
||Computer Science and Engineering